Обсуждение: OID's

OID's

От
Kief Morris
Дата:
Where can I find documentation on how to use OID's in
Postgres? From the Postgres documentation I have (Admin,
User, and Programmer manuals), it appears that Postgres
has built-in support of some kind (or am I reading too
much into it), but I can't find any kind of overview
of how it works and how to use it (e.g. how to generate
new oid's).

Can anyone point me to a resource for this?

Thanks,
Kief

Re: [ADMIN] OID's

Дата:
> Where can I find documentation on how to use OID's in
> Postgres? From the Postgres documentation I have (Admin,
> User, and Programmer manuals), it appears that Postgres
> has built-in support of some kind (or am I reading too
> much into it), but I can't find any kind of overview
> of how it works and how to use it (e.g. how to generate
> new oid's).
>
> Can anyone point me to a resource for this?

See my book on the main web site's documention page.  There is 1/2 a
chapter about it.