Обсуждение: Feature patch

Feature patch

От
"Sergei M. Suntsov"
Дата:
  Hi!
Is it possible to apply feature patch found in
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/patches to postgresql 6.4.2 ?
   Sincerely, Sergei.

Re: [ADMIN] Feature patch

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

>   Hi!
> Is it possible to apply feature patch found in
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/patches to postgresql 6.4.2 ?
>    Sincerely, Sergei.

    I  should  have  checked this but had trouble after installed
    glibc2. Now that it's in place, I get danmed FATAL's from the
    backend while it's doing (mostly) the right things !?!

    I'll  take  all  the sources to another (still libc-5) system
    and check there.  Will answer on monday.

Jan

Re: [ADMIN] Feature patch

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

>   Hi!
> Is it possible to apply feature patch found in
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/patches to postgresql 6.4.2 ?
>    Sincerely, Sergei.

    Yes, but you must touch src/backend/parser/gram.y after doing
    so, because some hunks for gram.c get rejected. Thus you need
    bison and flex to compile.

    I've   placed  a  new  v6.4.2-feature-patch.tar.gz  into  the
    patches directory  that  cleanly  applies  to  an  unmodified
    v6.4.2 source tree.

Jan