Re: pg_ctl.exe deleted on abrupt shutdown of Windows

От Ron
Тема Re: pg_ctl.exe deleted on abrupt shutdown of Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/15/20 4:44 AM, Joel Mariadasan (jomariad) wrote:

Team,

After abrupt shutdown of Windows, we are seeing the pg_ctl.exe file getting deleted automatically.

Maybe English is your second language, but "we are seeing" means that Windows regularly shuts down, and deletes pg_ctl.exe every time.  Therefore, you must be reinstalling pg_ctl.exe every time.

Due to this Postgres service cannot be started and need to be re-installed.

We have checked the antivirus and confirmed that it didn’t delete the file.

Can you let us know if anyone has observed the file getting deleted upon abrupt shutdown of Windows?

Only pg_ctl.exe gets deleted?  Anyway, there's nothing in Postgres that says "delete pg_ctl.exe on startup".

This smells strongly of filesystem corruption which requires a Windows guru.