Re: Strange UTF8 issue with pg_dump/pg_restore

От Aaron Bono
Тема Re: Strange UTF8 issue with pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 8/7/06, Benjamin Krajmalnik <kraj@illumen.com> wrote:
I have a database whose records are inserted via ODBC.
I turned on logging, and the client is explicitly setting the client encoding to UTF.

Rows are inserted into the tables.  When I do a pg_dump, I do not get any errors.  When I try tor restore, I am getting an error regarding an invalid UTF-8 character sequence.
Of course, this renders compressed backups useless, since I have no way of manually fixing the file.  The process of fixing the file is, of course, painful.

Why can't you manually fix it?  I know you cannot fix it while compressed but you should be able to fix it after it is uncompressed, right?

Have you tried to set the encoding just like the client before you do a restore from backup?

   Aaron Bono
   Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
   http://www.aranya.com
   http://codeelixir.com