Re: "Time of latest checkpoint" stays too old on both master andslave

От rihad
Тема Re: "Time of latest checkpoint" stays too old on both master andslave
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/30/2019 09:45 PM, Andrew Gierth wrote:
>   rihad> There's a weird problem, even when the time is initially set by
>   rihad> openntpd it keeps lagging by one second every few seconds:
>
>   rihad> $ sudo /usr/local/etc/rc.d/openntpd restart
>
> What OS is this?
>
> I've seen this kind of thing with FreeBSD where the kernel timecounter
> source has been chosen badly (i.e. choosing TSC when the TSC isn't
> actually invariant enough). Forcing TSC not to be used fixes it. The
> configuration I've especially noticed it on is when running in a VM with
> a single virtual CPU.

Exactly. You're right. It's on FreeBSD 11.2. After some googling earlier
I changed kern.timecounter.hardware=HPET and solved the problem. The
default chosen value TSC-low seems to misbehave for this box, although
it works on others (running the same FreeBSD version).