Re: pgavd status

От Brandon Metcalf
Тема Re: pgavd status
Дата
Список pgsql-general
d == doug@mcnaught.org writes:

 d> "Brandon Metcalf" <bmetcalf@nortel.com> writes:

 d> > I've been looking at the auto vacuum daemon pgavd and it looks like
 d> > there hasn't been any development activity in a while.  Does anyone
 d> > know that status of pgavd?
 d> >
 d> > Also, I'd be interested in hearing how well it works and if there are
 d> > any plans to include this daemon in the pgsql distribution.

 d> You obviously just joined this list, as there's been extensive
 d> discussion of that very issue over the last few days.  :)

I've been subscribed for a while, but don't follow the messages
actively.  I apologize for asking the same thing again.

 d> Take a look at the recent archives (and those for -hackers as well)
 d> but the upshot is that there is definitely a push to get AV integrated
 d> into the backend for 8.1.

Yeah, I did see some messages about it, but I guess I didn't look
thoroughly enough.

Thanks.

--
Brandon