Re: Explicit configuration file

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Explicit configuration file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mlw writes:

> I have added the option of explicitly specifying a postgresql.conf (-C) file on
> the command line. I have also added two config file entries:
>
> pghbaconfig, and pgdatadir.
>
> "pghbaconfig" allows multiple different databases running on the same machine
> to use the same hba file, rather than the hard coded $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf.

That could be mildly useful, although symlinks make this already possible,
and a bit clearer, IMHO.

> "pgdatadir" works with the explicit configuration file so that the data
> directory can be specified in the configuration file, not on the command line
> or environment.

So you exchange having to specify the data directory with having to
specify the configuration file which specifies the data directory.  This
doesn't add any functionality, it only adds one more indirection.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net