Changes to allow for documentation translations

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Changes to allow for documentation translations
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Several parties have expressed interest in translating the documentation
or have already done so.  In order to keep these in tree and be able to
build them easily I propose we make the following minor changes in the
doc/ subtree.

For each translation, make a new directory doc/src/sgml-<language>, where
<language> is a locale type string.  For example, a German translation
would be in sgml-de.  There you copy whatever *.sgml file you want to
translate next.  When building, untranslated files will be picked up from
the "master" sgml/ directory.

Language independent things will go into doc/src/share (stylesheets,
tools, etc.).

The functionality of doc/src/sgml/Makefile will be moved into
doc/src/Makefile.  When you build the documentation, the language you want
is specified via a make variable, e.g.,

doc/src$ gmake postgres.html LANG=de

(Probably not LANG, though, since that might be in the environment.)

I don't have a clue yet how to package this.  It will depend on how it
comes along.