Re: Problem with compile pgsql on Irix 5.3

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Problem with compile pgsql on Irix 5.3
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Marek Bobrowski writes:

> Hi,
> I want instal on my server pgsql, i have installed gcc version 2.7.2.3.f.1, and
> for compile it i installed now GNU Make version 3.73,
> First I call ./configure (configure.log is attached to this mail), next i call
> gmake and get error message (error messages is attached as gmake.err). I have
> no more experience in compile more complicated packages and not know what is
> bad, maybe you can help me. I very need pgsql on this computer.

You cannot compile PostgreSQL 7.0 or earlier on Irix with GCC; you must
use the SGI compiler.  You might want to try a 7.1 beta version, which
might work.  (I added support for it, but I don't actually have a system
to try so I'd appreciate it if you could test it.)

And you might want to update your gcc and gmake.  I'd recommend gmake
3.76.1.