Question: Recovery of tables

От Mark Lawrence
Тема Question: Recovery of tables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a problem:

I started out with a 6.3 version system, and attempted an upgrade to
Debian's unstable release (maybe version 7.?), which unfortunately
appeared to have failed the dump/import to the new database format.

Realizing this was probably not what I wanted in the first place I tried
to go back to what I had originally but of course this is not straight
forward.

Unfortunately all I had backed up were files from the data/base/template1
directory downwards which means I have the raw table data but none of the
important files/information from the data/ directory. I can do a fresh
install, recreate the tables, copy the old template1 directory over the
new but all queries return empty (no) rows. Any ideas on how I can use the
original table files to regain my data?

Thanks in advance,
Mark.

p.s. Please respond to this email address.
--
 ,-_|\
/  .  \   Mark Lawrence