Error in initdb

От Pedro Aguilar
Тема Error in initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi, last week I had a problem while compiling postgres 6.3.2 with Linux
RH 5.0, the problem was that I did not have the latest version of bison,
and it did not work with yacc (I do not know why). I just download the
bison rpm and installed it with the flags -i --force and it works
perfectly. (Thanks to Thomas Lockhart)

But now I have other problem. When I have to create the default database
with initdb shows the next error message:
$ initdb: creating template database in
  /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
$ Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
$ WARN:heap_modifytuple: repl is \-11
$ initdb: could not create template database
$ initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

And it does nothing more. I do not know what it is the reason.
Thanks.

                    Pedro Aguilar Iniestra
                    paguilar@linux.ccm.itesm.mx