if strings have£ (pound) characters pgadmin displays empty strings

От cathy.hemsley@powerconv.alstom.com
Тема if strings have£ (pound) characters pgadmin displays empty strings
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

I am running pgadmin 1.2.1 on Windows 2000, on a Postgres 8 database (version 8.0.0) on a separate Win2000 server.
If my software (PHP) places strings with £ (pound) characters into the database (into varchar columns in any table), then using either the 'View the data...' or the 'Execute SQL' functions in pgadmin will show the data as an empty string ('').
If the data is checked using psql directly then the strings are correct, although the £ characters are not shown, but I can be sure they are there because my software will display them.
If I use pgadmin SQL to insert strings with £ characters then pgadmin will display them correctly.  But my PHP software displays them with a  character in front, which is weird, and in psql the £ characters appear, but are shown as a ¬ (or something similar)
Cathy Hemsley

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.