Re: Reviewers needed for pgjdbc pull requests

От Sehrope Sarkuni
Тема Re: Reviewers needed for pgjdbc pull requests
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 9:45 AM, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
There are quite a few pull requests on the github project https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pulls

Wow 72 open and 20+ since Jan of this year. On the flip side the activity level is also pretty impressive!

Most of the work fall on Vladimir and I try to do some as well.

And we thank you both! :D

I'm looking for suggestions on how to deal with this. Clearly pull requests become stale if they are not dealt with quickly.

One thought is that if you have an existing PR that you want pushed then pick up another to review.

I wouldn't say imposing it as a rule but *strongly* encouraged would be nice.

I'm open to suggestions?

Might be able to arrange things a bit better with more tagging. There's a bit of it for some of the older PRs but none of the recent ones have any tags applied.

It adds some work on the part of the organizer but may allow more people to get involved as simpler items could be more easily found.

Rather than imposing this as more work on the the repo owners it could be part of the PR template itself. That way the repo owner (or someone else given tagging permissions) could apply them quickly without having to actually review the entire PR.

Having a bit more structure or guidelines for the review process would be nice too. If people know that passing an objective third party review will grant an audience from a committer, I think it'd welcome more reviews and they'd seek those reviews themselves (i.e. find someone to help review their PR).

-S

Сообщение: Re: Reviewers needed for pgjdbc pull requests
Сообщение: Re: Reviewers needed for pgjdbc pull requests