After upgrade from 9.2.9 to 9.3.5 got reduced contention

От Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Тема After upgrade from 9.2.9 to 9.3.5 got reduced contention
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After a week or so since upgrade from 9.2.9 to 9.3.5 I'm very surprised
(in a good way) by the gain of performance.

Most noticeable change is the reduced contention for records by
exclusive/shared locks.

I can see increased numbers of requests fulfilled per minute (but I
can't be exact on those numbers, just I can see graph going high - which
is good).

Also, I've noticed that backup time dropped from 44 minutes to 30
minutes (for about 60Gb in multiple databases) - which is really good
change (35% decrease) on same hardware.

I still had no time to measure how much gain on improved indexing and
other topics I know received improvements.

Thanks, PostgreSQL team!

Regards,

Edson