Re: Standby registration

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Standby registration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> The standby can already use restore_command to fetch WAL files from the
> archive. I don't see why the master should be involved in that.

To make the standby use restore_command to do that, you have to specify
something like scp in archive_command or set up the shared directory
(e.g., using NFS server). But I don't want to use both because they make
the installation complicated (e.g., I don't want to register the ssh key
with no password to use scp the WAL files from the master to the standby.
I don't want to purchase extra server for shared directory and set up
NFS server). I believe that it's the same reason why you implemented the
streaming backup tool.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao