Re: reindexing db

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: reindexing db
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Ron,

> On 08. Dec, 2020, at 07:59, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Probably a habit from my VAX/VMS days, but I prefer to enumerate every table, not only for tracking but so that if
thecommand fails 90% of the way through, I can skip over the the completed portions.

doing this IMHO defeats the purpose of concurrency because you'd have to issue reindex statements sequentially. Also,
butI definitely can't say for sure, reindexdb should skip and report indexes which it has a problem with and then
continueto do the remaining indexes. But as I said, I may be wrong with this.

Cheers,
Paul