Re: Bug Report: PgAdmin -> pg_hba.conf Editor

От Abhishek MANDHANA
Тема Re: Bug Report: PgAdmin -> pg_hba.conf Editor
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
>  1) Review the processing of the pg_hba.conf file editor in PGAdmin for its accuracy since it appears to be rather inaccurate
>     currently.

Long back, I also came across similar type of problem and did the same thing(look at the pg_hba.conf file in a text editor and delete  unwanted entries), here is the thread wherein i posted similar type of solution for Jose, who had similar kind of problem.

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgadmin-support@postgresql.org/msg08003.html

.would be great if Jose Esquivel could share his View.

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Black Falcon Software, Inc.
<blackfalconsoftware@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>  1) Review the processing of the pg_hba.conf file editor in PGAdmin for its accuracy since it appears to be rather inaccurate
>     currently.

I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to break it and have so far
failed. What sort of edits have you been making? Anything particularly
unusual? What pgAdmin version are you running, and on what OS &
version on your primary workstation? Are you editing the file via the
filesystem (ie. from the File menu), or via a database connection (ie.
from the Tools menu)?

>  2) Provide more in-depth documentation in terms of working with this particular configuration file.  Right now the most important
>     set of parameters, the IP address and the mask, are poorly clarified.  There should be far more examples than those already being
>     shown along with concise descriptions how to provide IP addresses for a multitude of scenarios along with descriptions as to how to
>     associate them with the correct mask.

The pgAdmin team are not responsible for the documentation of the
server so you're complaining in the wrong place I'm afraid. What do
you need clarification on the address for though? It's just standard
CIDR notation for matching an address or subnet of addresses and is
documented quite thoroughly in the docs
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html).

--
Dave Page