Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade
Дата
Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade  (D Galen <degalen@comcast.net>)
Список pgadmin-support
On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 7:02 PM, D Galen <degalen@comcast.net> wrote:
> I currently have ver. 1.8.2, which was installed (Windows 2000 Prof) from
> the postgres package.  I downloaded the 1.8.4 upgrade.  When I run the
> upgrade.bat file, the MSI install screen comes up but then exits without
> installing.  I don't show PgAdmin in add remove programs, (because it was
> installed from postgres pkg?).  Do I need to move the download to a
> particular location?

You cannot upgrade the copy of pgAdmin bundled with PostgreSQL in that
way (it can only be upgraded using the updated PostgreSQL installer).
Just run a regular installation of pgAdmin - it will install in
parallel and work just fine. Better yet, wait a few days for
PostgreSQL 8.3.3 which will come with pgAdmin 1.8.4 and upgrade the
PostgreSQL package.

--
Dave Page