Обсуждение: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade

pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade

От
D Galen
Дата:
I currently have ver. 1.8.2, which was installed (Windows 2000 Prof)
from the postgres package.  I downloaded the 1.8.4 upgrade.  When I run
the upgrade.bat file, the MSI install screen comes up but then exits
without installing.  I don't show PgAdmin in add remove programs,
(because it was installed from postgres pkg?).  Do I need to move the
download to a particular location?

Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 7:02 PM, D Galen <degalen@comcast.net> wrote:
> I currently have ver. 1.8.2, which was installed (Windows 2000 Prof) from
> the postgres package.  I downloaded the 1.8.4 upgrade.  When I run the
> upgrade.bat file, the MSI install screen comes up but then exits without
> installing.  I don't show PgAdmin in add remove programs, (because it was
> installed from postgres pkg?).  Do I need to move the download to a
> particular location?

You cannot upgrade the copy of pgAdmin bundled with PostgreSQL in that
way (it can only be upgraded using the updated PostgreSQL installer).
Just run a regular installation of pgAdmin - it will install in
parallel and work just fine. Better yet, wait a few days for
PostgreSQL 8.3.3 which will come with pgAdmin 1.8.4 and upgrade the
PostgreSQL package.

--
Dave Page

Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade

От
"Rommel the iCeMAn"
Дата:
>>Better yet, wait a few days for
> PostgreSQL 8.3.3 which will come with pgAdmin 1.8.4 and upgrade the
> PostgreSQL package.

Oh Geez!!!! Now he tells us!!! LOL!!!! :-)

Rommel the iCeMAn,
Barbados, Caribbean.

Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade

От
D Galen
Дата:
cite="mid:937d27e10806081120u56711ca6u9126144d1897983c@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

You cannot upgrade the copy of pgAdmin bundled with PostgreSQL in that
way (it can only be upgraded using the updated PostgreSQL installer).
Just run a regular installation of pgAdmin - it will install in
parallel and work just fine. Better yet, wait a few days for
PostgreSQL 8.3.3 which will come with pgAdmin 1.8.4 and upgrade the
PostgreSQL package.
 </pre></blockquote> Thanks.  I thought this ws a special upgrade pkg.  I installed by double click on MSI pkg so I can
           Thanks again,<br />                           Dennis<br />

Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 Upgrade

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Rommel the iCeMAn <icecrew@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Better yet, wait a few days for
>> PostgreSQL 8.3.3 which will come with pgAdmin 1.8.4 and upgrade the
>> PostgreSQL package.
>
> Oh Geez!!!! Now he tells us!!! LOL!!!! :-)

You didn't notice that pgAdmin upgrades usually come a few days before
PostgreSQL updates? You need to start paying more attention :-p

--
Dave Page