Re: Email not searchable in our archives

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Дата
Re: Email not searchable in our archives  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: Email not searchable in our archives  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>  Confirmed. I added a test mode to a copy of the archives indexer, and
>  running that it claims it would index a further 715 messages, which
>  would give us a total of 1187.
>
>  So I guess the next step is to try running out of test mode to see if
>  the data actually makes it into the index now, but I didn't want to do
>  that and stomp on any testing you're doing.

OK, so running it properly has added those missing 715 messages. I
think we need to run a full index run which should restore any missing
pages, but before we do that, I'd kinda like to gather any ideas on
why this has happened before removing any evidence.

My best guess is simply that the indexer failed for some time and
noone noticed for a few weeks. By the time it was re-run, some
messages that it had missed were outside the timeframe that an
incremental crawl would have picked up (the current, plus last month).
Thoughts?

Stefan; any thoughts on how we might monitor that the indexer has been
running correctly? I assume that should be fairly easy if we have it
drop a timestamp someplace?

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com