Re: Invoice number

От John Hasler
Тема Re: Invoice number
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Mike Castle writes:
> Client 3 comes along.  Do they use invoice #1, out of order, or invoice
> #3?

It shouldn't matter, as long as every number is accounted for.

Seems to me that a trigger could make a log entry every time the serial is
incremented.  Workable?

> What happens in a paper world if a cup of coffee is spilt on some
> invoices, and these precious items are thrown in the trash?

They are returned to accounting with an explanatory note, the numbers are
logged as "voided", and the spoiled forms are shredded.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: