Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: BUG #15893: pg_dump is not working like as postgres version 10
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
shaurya jain schrieb am 19.07.2019 um 08:52:
> My concern is so simple that the below command is taking full instance backup in version 10 and in 11 it is taking
onlyPostgres DB backup.

> pg_dump -U postgres -Fc >> all_db_04_07_2019.dump --verbose
>
> Kindly suggest me some way to take full instance back up and restore a particular DB.

pg_dump never took a "full instance backup".

It was always a tool to take a dump of a single database.
And nothing has changed between version 10 and 11 regarding that

Are you confusing that with pg_dumpall? Or maybe even pg_basebackup?

Thomas