PG_VERSION Problem Running 6.5 but showing 6.4

От Bruce, Chris A (Chris)** CTR **
Тема PG_VERSION Problem Running 6.5 but showing 6.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have seen similar problems in the archive, however nothing that can answer
my problem.
  I have completely removed all previous installs of Postgresql.
  I have kill the postmaster process.
  I have downloaded 6.5.2 the src.
  I have compiled and installed it under RH Linux 6.0

The problem is that after running initdb the PG_VERSION file is showing 6.4
and the postmaster is trying to open 6.5.  So it is not working.  Is there
some files that I missed when removing?  I removed the following
/usr/local/pgsql/
/usr/bin/postmaster/

I have recompiled and installed several times and still has the same
problem.

I had 6.5 install previously and it was working except that I could not view
the tables by running "\d *". It seemed as if my pg_users did not exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Bruce
_chrisbruce@lucent.com_