Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII

От Asger Petersen
Тема Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Dave, thanks for your answer.

No, all the machines are set to 'Errors only'. It is a bit of a mystery
to me and I'm beginning to really wonder what makes one machine that
much faster than the others.

Thinking of it the slow machines all have a clean install of pgAdmin and
no other postgreSQL related software. The fast machine (my personal) has
lots of software using postgres. For instance i have found 6 or 7
different versions of libpq.dll on it.

Regards
Asger

> > Hi list
> >
> > We are using pgAdminIII to access a postgresql 8.0.0 rc2 on a win2k
> > machine.
> >
> > The problem is, that performance of queries done with
> pgAdmin varies
> > extremely between clients. For instance we have two winXp
> machines w.
> > pgAdminIII v. 1.2.0. Executing a simple 'SELECT * FROM sometable' w.
> > 40000 rows takes 10 secs on one and 450 secs on the other machine.
> > Executing EXPLAIN is equally fast on the two machines.
> > Network capacity
> > should not be the problem as the slow machine has 10 times the
> > bandwith of the fast. Actually the machine running the
> database also
> > has speed problems with pgAdminIII.
>
> HI Asger,
>
> It sounds like you have the loglevel set to debug on the
> slower machines
> - this causes massive overhead and will slow things to a
> crawl. You can check this on the Logging tab under
> File->Options. The default level is 'Errors Only'.
>
> Regards Dave.

Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII
Сообщение: Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII