Re: Images in the official documentation

От Jürgen Purtz
Тема Re: Images in the official documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Because I strongly support the involvement of SVG into our documentation, I welcome every activity to establish this goal. The mail to which Pavel had replied (https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4ea1bacb-02ca-e967-31d7-d2a6db30abff%40purtz.de) contained the two graphics PageLayout.svg "Page Layout" and pgDump.svg "pg_dump, psql, pg_restore". Actually they are not part of our documentation. They are only part of a proof-of-concept to generate SVG and include the result into HTML and PDF output. The two examples can be used as references for comparisons with any tool.
Kind regards, Jürgen

On 20.07.2018 18:14, Pavel Golub wrote:
Hello, Jürgen.

You wrote:

JP> On 19.07.2018 14:06, Pavel Golub wrote:
I disagree. From what I heard, GraphViz is the winner for now. I can
give you my two cents: plantuml is another good choice
JP> Ok, please give us an example - possibly the two previous graphics.

Fair enough. Let's try different formats. Sorry, what exactly previous
graphics we're talking about?

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Documenting safe practices for qualified function calls
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Documented toolchain for building docs on Windows