Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load

От: Vivek Khera
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Cosimo Streppone, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Matthew T. O'Connor", )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Thomas F. O'Connell", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Mindaugas Riauba", )
 Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Donald Courtney, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Vivek Khera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL strugling during high load  (Steve Poe, )

On May 19, 2005, at 2:12 PM, Anjan Dave wrote:

> As far as disk I/O is concerned for flushing the buffers out, I am
> not ruling out the combination of Dell PERC4 RAID card

That'd be my first guess as to I/O speed issues.  I have some dell
hardware that by all means should be totally blowing out my other
boxes in speed, but the I/O sucks out the wazoo.  I'm migrating to
opteron based DB servers with LSI branded cards (not the Dell re-
branded ones).

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806

Вложения