warm standby

От Mark Steben
Тема warm standby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I’m attempting a warm standby setup.  I’m running Postgres 8.3 on both master and slave.

Unfortunately the master is a 32 bit machine and the slave is a 64 bit machine.  Both running

Linux Redhat.  After I bring in the master base file copy into the slave and attempt to

Start postgres I get an ‘incorrect checksum’ error.  I begin researching.  Am I correct

In assuming that I must match the machine architecture (eg 32 bit  to 32 bit

Or 64 bit to 64 bit) on both machines for warm standby to work?

Thank you,

Committed to Creating @utoEnthusiasts. Please provide us with your feedback.

Mark StebenDatabase Administrator@utoRevenue™
95 Ashley Ave. West Springfield, MA., 01089
413-243-4800 x1512 (Phone)
│ 413-732-1824 (Fax)

A Division of Dominion Enterprises