Re: SOLUTION : pgsql 7.2 on Cygwin PGSTAT :

От Tim Finch
Тема Re: SOLUTION : pgsql 7.2 on Cygwin PGSTAT :
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
At 08:51 06/03/2002 -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>Tim,
>
>On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 10:28:50AM +0000, Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd wrote:
> > Well I have solved the problem of the PGSTAT : Connection refused error.
> >
> > ZoneAlarm
>
>Time to buy a "real" firewall, as in hardware? :,)

Well... as I work almost exclusively on my laptop, with at present a dial
up modem, it would be a bit of a burden to cart round everywhere!! But
point taken.

> > May it be pertinent to add a line in the docs that go with the builds of
> > Pgsql in cygwin to say something similar?
>
>Post a patch to /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.2.README here and I will
>include it in the next iteration.

OK, will look at it. When you say patch I guess you mean type something
into an email for you to append manually, or are you talking Diff files here?

> > The process of attempting to fix
> > it has of course been a real learning experience and now I understand much
> > more about cygwin, pgsql installs etc. etc.
>
>Although painful, the above is generally true -- at least in my
>experience.

Well yes, I suppose my entire IT career has been built on the iterative
process of

- I fancy getting into this
- ARRRGGHH
- Oh I see
- Here's the invoice for teaching you something I learnt earlier (at home,
alone, in pain)

Tim.