Re: Temporary files directory

От Stefan Huber
Тема Re: Temporary files directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>Is it possible to tell postgres where to create the temporary files
>(especially during clustering and re-indexing) ?  Since I have very large
>tables, there is not enough space on the same partition to do clsutering.

What we did, was outsourcing the largest files to other partitions, and then applying a link to them. But I don't know,
howlong this can go well :)

This is at least an temporary solution, maybe there's some more sophisticated possibility.

>Additionally, is it possible to create a database than spans on more than
>one partition or harddisk under Linux ?

Well, that's what links imitate.

Hope that helped, and that there _is_ a better solution to this problem.

Stefan