Re: PostgreSQL Installation

От Holger Jakobs
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Installation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 25.02.22 um 10:16 schrieb edi mari:
> Hi Team,
> I need to install PostgreSQL on ubuntu 20.04 TLS ,Is there any
> installation manual guide, prerequisite, best practice, I want to
> install PostgreSQL properly?
> (directory locations, memory ,CPU ,environment variable , mount point
> ,I/O ,users ,etc )
>
> Thanks
> Edi

Unless you use the package repositories of the PostgreSQL project, you
will get only major version 12 from the Ubuntu repositories. Check
https://www.postgresql.org/download/

Since Linux has a good package management, you just have to install the
packages with apt.

Of course you'll have to adjust some settings in order to optimize
performance. Try https://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/ to find out what to change.

Regards,

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012

Вложения