Re: page is uninitialized?

От Brendan Duddridge
Тема Re: page is uninitialized?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

I had a problem recently with an index on my category_product table.
A few times when I was vacuuming that table, I had forgotten to reset
our statement_timeout setting from 2 minutes to 0, so a few times
the statement was cancelled pre-maturely due to the timeout setting.

Perhaps that caused the problem. I deleted the index and was able to
vacuum the table correctly. Prior to dropping the index, the database
did crash on me before I figured out what the problem was.

As a side note, we do have autovacuum turned on, but it doesn't seem
to kick in for tables that have a very large number of frequent updates.
The category_product table gets updated once every half an hour.
Vacuuming often finds over 300,000 row versions to delete. So that's
why I've been going in and running vacuum analyze manually. I know
I should probably add it to the end of the task that updates the table.

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE