Re: Admin x DBA

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Admin x DBA
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Renato Oliveira <renato.oliveira@grant.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a feeling that my questions are very much focused on Admin
> side, and perhaps this list is more concerned with DBA things.
> Is that the case? If so, do you guys know any postgres list
> focused on Admin side?

Well, the "A" in "DBA" is for "Administrator".  ;-)  And in many
shops the DBAs are the system administrators for their database
servers.  There has been some discussion recently about what should
be on which lists, and it has been observed that many of the admin
posts are currently falling on the pgsql-general list (with posts
about just about anything else).  Personally, I'd keep them here,
but the -general list wouldn't offend anyone either.  (Just don't
cross-post an issue to both at the same time.)

-Kevin