Bad semaphore address: regression test problems

От Murad Nayal
Тема Bad semaphore address: regression test problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

When running the regression tests, the tests hang up with the messages

=============== Notes...                              =================
postmaster must already be running for the regression tests to succeed.
The time zone is now set to PST8PDT explicitly by this regression test
 client frontend. Please report any apparent problems to
   ports@postgresql.org
See regress/README for more information.

=============== destroying old regression database... =================

and I find the following in the postmaster log file:

semctl: Bad address
This type of error is usually caused by improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
See the FAQ for more detailed information

errno at this point is 14 which is EFAULT : semun.buf pointing to an
illegal address.

package/platform: postgresql 6.3.2 on IRIX 6.3

I tried adding the following line to Makefile.irix5 per FAQ_Irix

CFLAGS+= -U_NO_XOPEN4

to " stop the semun union being redefined in /usr/include/sys/sem.h" as
mentioned in the FAQ. It didn't help or change behavior.

Any idea why I am getting the bad semphore address on this platform: ANy
help will be greatly appreciated.

PS:

ipcs -as produces:

IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Wed Sep 23 17:20:38 1998
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP
NSEMS   OTIME    CTIME
Semaphores:
s      0 0x2a0104e3 --ra-ra-ra-     root      sys     root      sys
1 no-entry 16:44:13
s      1 0x0052e2ce --ra------- postgres     user postgres     user
16 no-entry 16:59:56

Please email me as well as post your answer: any help will be very
appreciated

--
Murad Nayal M.D. Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics