Re: pgsql: Add Result Cache executor node

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add Result Cache executor node
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 12:32, David Rowley <drowley@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Add Result Cache executor node

> I'm not really sure why yet why many buildfarm members don't like this.

Something that struck me is that the animals that stayed green were
almost exclusively Debian and macOS, while the unhappy ones were
uniformly not.  That pattern makes no sense --- why would Debian
act differently from other Linuxen? --- but it sure seems real.

[ looks a bit more... ]  Actually, most of those Debian machines
are Andres' test menagerie.  So maybe there's some commonality
of configuration of his animals that is connected to this.

Anyway, it looks like I can probably reproduce it on florican's
host, if you still need help understanding it tomorrow.  But
I remain really dubious that this can work at all.  Question:
have you tried that test under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS?