Darwin 1.4 (OS X 10.1) Broken Compile, Snapshot and 7.1.3

От Alex Avriette
Тема Darwin 1.4 (OS X 10.1) Broken Compile, Snapshot and 7.1.3
Дата
Re: Darwin 1.4 (OS X 10.1) Broken Compile, Snapshot and  (Neil Tiffin <neilt@gnue.org>)
Re: Darwin 1.4 (OS X 10.1) Broken Compile, Snapshot and  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I had a catastrophic crash on one of our webservers here and took the
opportunity to upgrade it. Unfortunately, after the upgrade, I am unable to
compile either 7.1.3 or the current snapshot of postgres.

The error I get is rather opaque:

/usr/bin/ld: -undefined error must be used when -twolevel_namespace is in
effect

This is in the final stretch of compiling, on libpq. I checked google for
it, and came up with three header files in an MIT Apple sourcetree. So this
strikes me as a particularly Darwinish failing. I also ran a recursive grep
on the postgres source tree and wasnt able to find -twolevel_namespace in
any of the Makefiles. This makes me think it is something external.

Anyone have an idea as to what is causing this? This box is down until
postgres comes back up. :-7

alex

--
alex j. avriette