Re: [HACKERS] Re: Informix and OUTER join syntax

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Informix and OUTER join syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 03:20 AM 1/15/00 +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>> I was under the impression that if you used NATURAL JOIN, then the join
>> would be made on the declared keys.
>
>Nope. On column names in common.

(phew!)  This is how I remembered it.  Though it's in Boston and I'm
in Portland (OR, that is), due to my space-headedness, I can strongly
recommend that interested folks spend some of those $25,000 or so
dollars saved by not using Oracle on a copy of Date's SQL primer :)

(I forget the exact title, but it's pretty good.  I'll probably pick
up the standard, too, but Date's book is as much critique as explanation
and the SQL 92 standard seems in need of critical comments)