pg in the sky

От Kasia Tuszynska
Тема pg in the sky
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Everybody,

I am curious if anyone is running postgres on Amazon cloud?

Os: windows

Pg: 8.3.8

We are looking to test running postgres on two Amazon instances and using replication to keep the two clusters in sync. There are two scenarios we are interested in:

Active- Passive architecture

One of the clusters would be the master, receiving all of the writes, the other cluster would be the slave, receiving all of the reads, sync time would be every 15 minutes

Active- Active architecture

Both instances would receive reads and writes, the sync time would be every 5 minutes

I am aware of the webcast from EnterpriseDB and various blog postings about pg replication, I know that at 9 replication is part of core. I am wondering however if anybody has actually tried it and/or running it as production.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Kasia