Re: Tables cannot have INSTEAD OF triggers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Tables cannot have INSTEAD OF triggers
Дата
Re: Tables cannot have INSTEAD OF triggers  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-04-01 12:46:05 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> So, the idea is that INSTEAD OF would behave like BEFORE but the tuple
>> it returns wouldn't actually be inserted?  That wasn't clear to me
>> from the OP, but I guess it would be a reasonable way to go.

> I'm not sure what the OP intended, but to me that's pretty much the only
> reasonable definition of INSTEAD OF for tables that I can think of.

If you have such a trigger, it's impossible to insert any rows, which
means the table doesn't need storage, which means it may as well be a
view, no?  So this still seems to me like a wart not a useful feature.
I think it would create confusion because a table with such a trigger
would act so much unlike other tables.

Сообщение: Re: Tables cannot have INSTEAD OF triggers
Сообщение: Re: Tables cannot have INSTEAD OF triggers