Re: Willing to fix a PQexec() in libpq module

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Willing to fix a PQexec() in libpq module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2019-03-19 12:51:39 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> > I think the answer is "no," and we should deprecate this misfeature.
> > It's bad enough that we'll be supporting it for five years after
> > deprecating it, but it's worse to leave it hanging around our necks
> > forever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albatross_(metaphor)
>
> The problem with that approach is that not everybody agrees that
> it's a misfeature.

Yea, it's extremely useful to just be able to send a whole script to the
server. Otherwise every application wanting to do so needs to be able to
split SQL statements, not exactly a trivial task. And the result will be
slower, due to increased rountrips.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Willing to fix a PQexec() in libpq module
Сообщение: Re: Willing to fix a PQexec() in libpq module