Re: pg_upgrade doesn't work?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_upgrade doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Cogan, Mark  Contractor, NRL Code 3030 (mark.cogan.ctr@nrl.navy.mil) wrote:
> So why does the documentation tell me that I should use the pg_upgrade
> command to migrate my 8.4.20 db to 9.6, but when I run the command it tells
> me that the major version is different so it won't run?  Is there some kind
> of issue with the location of the execution binary?

Having the exact error messgaes would be really helpful.  You're sure
that you are using the pg_upgrade from 9.6?  Note that to perform a
pg_upgrade you have to have the binaries for *both* versions installed
on to the system and then pg_upgrade will perform a copy of the data
files or will create hard-links between the old and new data
directories.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения