Re: [HACKERS] list of credits for release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] list of credits for release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov  1, 2017 at 11:24:03PM -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 10/2/17 18:34, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > My smaller question is how will this list be generated in PG 11?  From
> > the commit log when the release notes are created, or some other method?
>
> I don't think it should be done at the same time as the release notes.
>
> Specifically, we have recently put an emphasis on having the release
> notes ready for beta, and the natural flow of things should be that
> there are relatively few changes to the the substance of the release
> notes once beta gets rolling.  On the other hand, I have found that a
> significant amount of new contributors appear in commit messages during
> beta, which also makes some sense.  So making the contributor list
> fairly late and then not changing it much is more efficient.

Sorry for the late reply.  If you can create the contributors list
easily post-release-notes creation, all the better for me.  Thanks.  :-)
Creating the list during release notes creation would certainly be a
separate step, so you are right that creating them later when the list
is fully accurate is a good idea.