Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table

От: Peter Schuller
Тема: Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Peter Schuller, )
 Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Peter Schuller, )
  Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Peter Schuller, )
   Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Alvaro Herrera, )
    Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Alvaro Herrera, )
      Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Peter Schuller, )
    Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table  (Alvaro Herrera, )

> > (2) If it's autovacuum we're talking about, it will get kicked off the
> > table if anyone else comes along and wants a conflicting lock.
>
> Not on 8.2 though.

That is also nice to know. One more reason to upgrade to 8.3.

Thank you very much, both Alvaro and Tom, for the very insightful
discussion!

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to
E-Mail:  Web: http://www.scode.org

Вложения