Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table

От Peter Schuller
Тема Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > (2) If it's autovacuum we're talking about, it will get kicked off the
> > table if anyone else comes along and wants a conflicting lock.
>
> Not on 8.2 though.

That is also nice to know. One more reason to upgrade to 8.3.

Thank you very much, both Alvaro and Tom, for the very insightful
discussion!

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Does max size of varchar influence index size
Сообщение: Re: Does max size of varchar influence index size