Re: Please, help! About database cluster and adding to it additional disk space

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Please, help! About database cluster and adding to it additional disk space
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 12:40:36PM +0300, Sergey Karin wrote:
> Hi, List!
>
> Lets suppose the next situation...
>
> We create database cluster (via initdb) on some disk. Then we create and use
> a database that can be very large. In some moment the database occupy all
> disk space allicated to cluster.
> The question is: are there any abilities in PostgreSQL to use for created
> cluster additional disk space in new other disk? Similar ability exist in
> Informix...

You didn't say which version you are running, but recent versions have
tablespaces which do what you want. Alternativly, if you're running LVM
somewhere, you could make the disk postgres is no bigger...

Have a nice day,

Вложения