Re: resetting superuser password

От Stef
Тема Re: resetting superuser password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Just disable password checking in pg_hba.conf.

mad mentioned :
=> I have lost the superuser (user postgres) password, but I still have
=> the unix root password. Is there anything I can do to reset the
=> postgres user's password (short of reinstalling Postgres)?
=>
=> Obviously, I can su to unix user postgres, but this does not seem to
=> advance my cause, as doing "psql -U postgres" still prompts me for a
=> password, which is not the same as the unix postgres user's password.
=>
=> OS: RedHat 9
=>
=> Help!
=>
=> Thanks,
=> Marc
=>
=>
=> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
=>
=>                http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
=>