Re: Why are ftp mirrors out of sync?

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Why are ftp mirrors out of sync?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
In a few hours, vince and I will be shutting down the rsync mirror on
hub.org ... we've been spending the past couple of weeks re-doing and
re-writing *alot* of the sites ...

for instance, if you mirror www.postgresql.org, it no longer includes the
extensive mailing list archives ... that is a seperate web site/mirror ...
so you can omit that if you want to just deal with stuff like the docs ...

also, all sites are going to be 'advertised' the same as the FreeBSD
project does it:

ftp.us.postgresql.org
ftp2.us.postgresql.org
etc ...

no more individual domains ... the one problem we've been noticing over
the years is that search engines are picking up old mirrors, indexing them
and presenting them to ppl ... by moving to the FreeBSD style, when a
mirror goes offline, we can easily redirect that 'name' to a live IP, so
that ppl don't get pointers to stale, or non-existent sites ...