Re: Clarification when using Continous Archiving in 8.4

От Jan Lentfer
Тема Re: Clarification when using Continous Archiving in 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 21:36:35 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 11:30:54AM -0500, Nestor A. Diaz wrote:
Hello People, In reference to my last post , my question is: It is possible to recover more (subsequent) WAL files when I have already recover a postgres 8.4 database using a PITR ? I have read on some places that it's not possible and I want to confirm that, is it possible in 9.1 ?
I am confused.   You did recovery, and then you want to do more WAL
files past your stop point?

-- Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com + It's impossible for everything to be true. +

With 8.4 (up to 9.0) you have to restart the PITR over and over again, if you "missed" the desired point. Starting with 9.1 there is pause_at_recovery_target(). Is that what you mean?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/recovery-target-settings.html

Regards

Jan

--