RE: binaries installation on NT...

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема RE: binaries installation on NT...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> hello,
>
> I downloaded the binaries for postgreSQL on NT, and I am facing some
> problems...
Which binaries? For what Cygwin version? Where from?

> 1: where can I get the binaries for the cygwin32_ipc-1.03.tar.gz?
You want 1.05, trust me.

> 2: what are the detailed steps to do in order to make the postgresql
> binaries run?
See the docs that come with the binaries / that are on the webpages and
point out what you do not understand.

>     --> I am getting a "FATAL 1:  SetPgUserName: no entry
> in host passwd file"
> error when installing, so I guess I have already missed something.
Install your cygwin environment correctly (see the inetutils README).

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
email: J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl
web: www.askesis.nl

От: R D
Сообщение: Re: Preventing users from creating tables in certain dbs.
От: Matthew
Сообщение: Win 9x support