RE: [HACKERS] vacuum process size

От Ansley, Michael
Тема RE: [HACKERS] vacuum process size
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] vacuum process size  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
The reason for the tag as to be able to return to the 6.5 release source
code.  It's production code, and should be accessible at least for the next
couple of months.

Was a tag created for 6.5.1?  The object is to be able to check out any
particular release, bugs and all, whenever we feel like it.

MikeA

>> Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp> writes:
>> > Just for a confirmation: I see REL6_5_PATCHES and REL6_5 Tag in the
>> > CVS respository. I thought that REL6_5_PATCHES is the Tag
>> for the 6.5
>> > statble tree and would eventually become 6.5.2. If so, what is the
>> > REL6_5 Tag? Or I totally miss the point?
>>
>> Right, REL6_5_PATCHES is the 6.5.* branch.  REL6_5 is just a tag ---
>> that is, it's effectively a frozen snapshot of the 6.5 release,
>> not an evolvable branch.
>>
>> I am not sure if Marc intends to continue this naming convention
>> in future, or if it was just a mistake to create REL6_5 as a tag
>> not a branch.  I don't see a whole lot of use for the frozen tag
>> myself...
>>
>>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] vacuum process size
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] vacuum process size