Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Дата
Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-12-06 We 10:44, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> I believe this is ready to commit unless there are further comments or
>> objections.
> I thought we were still mostly at proof-of-concept stage?
>
> In particular, has anyone done any performance testing?
> I'm concerned about that because composite_to_json() has
> zero capability to cache any metadata across calls, meaning
> there is going to be a large amount of duplicated work
> per row.

Yeah, that's hard to deal with, too, as it can be called recursively.

OTOH I'd rather have a version of this that worked slowly than none at all.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO
Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO