Re: Log Message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Log Message
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Vivek Gadge <vvkgadge56@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi, We have upgraded the PostgreSQL 12.6 using pgdump. Database is working
> fine but we have received Log message " stats_timestamp... is later than
> collector's time" in postgreSQL log. Could you please help us with this
> error message.

> Error log :- 2021-10-26 01:56:23 EDT 779 00000LOG: stats_timestamp
> 2021-12-16 02:01:07.363105-05 is later than collector's time 2021-12-16
> 02:01:04.863943-05 for database 0

The most likely bet is that something set the system clock back a
couple of seconds.  Otherwise you've got rather bad clock skew
between different processors in the system.  This isn't particularly
harmful so far as Postgres itself is concerned, but you might want
to do something about it to avoid ending up with seemingly-inconsistent
timestamps in your data.

I'm also curious about how come the log entry timestamp seems to be a
couple of months older than the timestamps quoted in the message.
There seems to be something wacko about timekeeping on your system.